To complete your visit of the medieval Vierzon, the Hotel le Continental recommends you Museum of the Ovens which takes you to the heart of the medieval history of Vierzon.
The visit of this museum begins at the foot of the Beffroy. This museum was built around two banal furnaces of the 15th century, unique in the Loire Valley region.
On the occasion of this museum visit, you will be transported to the heart of Vierzon at the time of the Middle Ages through:
- the model reveals the Vierzon of the Middle Ages
- the clocks of the Belfry of the 15th and 19th centuries
- the statues of the Saints Evangelists, XVth century
- a beautiful Gothic window in the courtyard
Allow a visit time of 45 minutes.
Guided tour on request in summer
Open from 01 July to 31 August 2020
- Adult Full price: 3 to 5 €
- Group rate: 2 to 4 €
- Children's rate (under 12 years old): 2 to 3 €
Open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 3pm to 6pm
Exceptional closing: Tuesday 14 July and Saturday 15 August
Open all year round on reservation
Museum of Ordinary Ovens
7 rue du Château in Vierzon
+33 (0)2 48 53 09 32